Specifically designed to teach jazz basics to students with 1 or 2 years playing experience, but with no prior experience playing jazz. Great for individual or classroom use. Teaches the basics of swing style in a step-by-step approach using well-known songs. Improvisation is made easy starting with simple 2-measure phrases. Scales and basic theory are introduced in a simple and easy to understand approach. 2 CD's are included with recordings of all exercises and arrangements. Other features: 7 full band arrangements, sample solos, jazz history and people.
- A-Tisket A-Tasket Traditional
- Ballin' The Jack Jim Burris Chris Smith
- Boppin' Around Mike Steinel
- Ja-Da Ja Da Bob Carleton
- Jingle Bells J. Pierpont Alan Jackson Kenny Chesney
- London Bridge Traditional
- Riffin' Around Mike Steinel
- Salsa Caliente Mike Steinel
- St. Louis Blues W.c. Handy
- When The Saints Go Marching In Katherine E. Purvis James M. Black
Publisher: Hal Leonard
Catalogue Number: 00841355
Northwest Product Number: 103-0519-51-101
Some of these titles may also be relevant to your search:
You may also be interested in the following titles:
Drum Tuning - Drum Set
Drumset 101 - Drum Set
Odd Times - Drum Set
Northwest Music does not guarantee the accuracy of online stock levels. To confirm availability of an item, please contact our store directly.
While we will do our best to ensure you receive the quantity you indicate, if the quantity ordered exceeds our current stock levels, your order may take additional time to complete. Please contact Northwest Music to confirm availability. Some items, such as choral octavos, have a set minimum purchasing quantity.
- The sound and page samples we provide on our website are courtesy our publishers, who provide the samples in different ways. Audio samples are MP3 files, and will either load in your browser or will prompt you to download and open them in an application of your choice (such as iTunes or Windows Media Player). Page samples are in either JPG or PDF format, and can open in your browser, or in Adobe Acrobat Reader.