The Best of Belwin Jazz: First Year Charts for Jazz Ensemble is a collection of twelve outstanding jazz ensemble arrangements for the young player. Each chart is written by experienced educational arrangers and composers in various styles and tempos: swing, Latin, ballad, waltz, holiday and pop.This collection is written for full instrumentation---five saxophones, three trumpets, three trombones, and four rhythm---but is designed to sound full and complete with reduced instrumentation of three saxes, two trumpets, one trombone and three rhythm. Optional parts are available for flute, clarinet, tuba, horn in F, and baritone T.C.The rhythm section parts offer suggestions for rhythms, piano voicings, and guitar chord frames. All solos are written out in improvised sections. The conductor’s book includes full-length CD recordings of all titles.Titles include:"Bill Bailey, Won’t You Please Come Home," "Birth of the Blues," "Embraceable You," "First Time Around," "Gospel," "Hot Chocolate," "Jazzmin Tea," "Jingle Bell Rock," "Poco Loco," "Splanky," "Sunday Morning," "TMI"
- Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home
- Embraceable You (From "Girl Crazy")
- First Time Around
- Hot Chocolate (From "The Polar Express")
- Jazzmin Tea
- Jingle Bell Rock
- Poco Loco
- Sunday Morning
- T.m.i. (Too Much Information)
- The Birth Of The Blues (From "George White's Scandals")
Publisher: Alfred Music Publishing
Catalogue Number: 00-26923
Northwest Product Number: 112-0200-28-100
Some of these titles may also be relevant to your search:
You may also be interested in the following titles:
Old Comrades - Tuba
Northwest Music does not guarantee the accuracy of online stock levels. To confirm availability of an item, please contact our store directly.
While we will do our best to ensure you receive the quantity you indicate, if the quantity ordered exceeds our current stock levels, your order may take additional time to complete. Please contact Northwest Music to confirm availability. Some items, such as choral octavos, have a set minimum purchasing quantity.
- The sound and page samples we provide on our website are courtesy our publishers, who provide the samples in different ways. Audio samples are MP3 files, and will either load in your browser or will prompt you to download and open them in an application of your choice (such as iTunes or Windows Media Player). Page samples are in either JPG or PDF format, and can open in your browser, or in Adobe Acrobat Reader.