12 outstanding arrangements for the beginning jazz ensemble written by experienced educational arrangers and composers. A variety of styles and tempos are included: swing, ballads, rock, pop, holiday, Latin and a great warm-up chart titled "Loosen Up." This collection of charts is written for full instrumentation of 5 saxophones, 3 trumpets, 3 trombones, and 4 rhythm, but designed to sound full and complete with reduced instrumentation of just nine players - 2 Alto Saxes, Tenor Sax, 2 Trumpets, Trombone, Piano, Bass and Drums. Optional parts are available for C Flute, Tuba (doubles Bass part), Horn in F (doubles 1st Trombone), and Baritone Horn T.C. (doubles 1st Trombone). Rhythm section parts offer suggestions for voicings and rhythms and guitar chord frames are included to assist young guitarists. Solos are written out for improvised sections and there is plenty of full sounding ensemble. Conductor's book includes a full length CD recording. Titles are: Chattanooga Choo Choo * El Gato Gordo * James Bond Theme * A Jazzy Merry Christmas * The Judge * Li'l Darlin' * Loosen Up * One O'Clock Jump * Over the Rainbow * Peter Gunn Theme * The Pink Panther * Rock This Town.
- Chattanooga Choo Choo
- El Gato Gordo (The Fat Cat)
- James Bond Theme
- Jazzy Merry Chrstmas
- Li'l Darlin'
- Loosen Up
- One O'clock Jump
- Over The Rainbow (From "The Wizard Of Oz")
- Peter Gunn (From "Peter Gunn")
- Rock This Town
- The Judge
- The Pink Panther (From "The Pink Panther")
Publisher: Alfred Music Publishing
Catalogue Number: 00-SBM01015
Northwest Product Number: 112-0600-36-101
Some of these titles may also be relevant to your search:
You may also be interested in the following titles:
Northwest Music does not guarantee the accuracy of online stock levels. To confirm availability of an item, please contact our store directly.
While we will do our best to ensure you receive the quantity you indicate, if the quantity ordered exceeds our current stock levels, your order may take additional time to complete. Please contact Northwest Music to confirm availability. Some items, such as choral octavos, have a set minimum purchasing quantity.
- The sound and page samples we provide on our website are courtesy our publishers, who provide the samples in different ways. Audio samples are MP3 files, and will either load in your browser or will prompt you to download and open them in an application of your choice (such as iTunes or Windows Media Player). Page samples are in either JPG or PDF format, and can open in your browser, or in Adobe Acrobat Reader.